I’ve been trying to get some lettering done recently. I found a bunch of inspiration sites on the web and I’ve been drawing nothing but letters in my sketchbook recently. So I did these tests for a band called “The Primate Fiasco” that I saw last year at Floydfest.
Another example after the break.
I’ve been trying to get a custom font like this right for a long time. I still don’t think it’s completely there, something about the coloring and spacing of the insets doesn’t look perfect. But I have gotten much (MUCH!) quicker at doing these, total time on this one about 3 hours. I’m also taking advantage of the pathfinder and warp tool much more effectively. That makes it quicker but also more reusable without having to save off temporary files.Â