I’ve done a lot of casting, but all plaster so far. I knew that if I was going to make more complex detailed designs then I would need to move to epoxy plastic casting. In hindsight I should have started with a simpler, one piece mold. I thought that since this shape is basically a ball it would be easier.
- Not building a outer mold
- Forgot the pour spout in the mold making.
- probably should have cast this upside down, to avoid bubbles in the face.
- I worried way too much about getting all the angles perfect on the prototype, i’m going to have to fix all these bubbles anyway.
- I should have built in places to screw this down.
- probably should have used deeper registration marks.