I finally delivered these last Monday. I’d been working on them for a long time. I got an email from someone who had seen them at Artomatic and wanted one for a unique wedding gift for a friend and one for herself. She wanted them to be mostly black with these specific colors. I hadn’t done a one with black as the main color. I had a few false starts and paint mistakes, but in the end I think they came out awesome.
Things I learned from these.
- Gloss black is cool by itself, but hard to do color effects over.
- I hate oil paints.
- Airbrushing is both harder and easier than I thought.
- Plaster casts can be brittle.
- I need to pay attention to knocker length. (that’s what she said)