This is what happens when you leave me to make my own dinner. I fear for my future children when Laurel leaves me home with them for the night. They had better get used to spicy things!
- Half an onion – chopped into long stringy onions.
- Half of what I thought was a cucumber but turned out to be a zuccinni.
- A big head of broccoli.
- a quarter of a red pepper.
- a cup of jalapenos from the pepper bar at Quiznos.
- 15 frost encrusted shrimp from the freezer.
- a pho seasoning packet.
- 2 packages ramen noodles.
- soy sauce.
- sriracha hot sauce.
- hoisin sauce.
- salt and pepper.
- have a glass of wine.
- with new super-sharp wedding registry knives, cut up all vegetables into edible sized chunks.
- put in to the biggest clean pot that you can find.
- fill pot with water.
- throw in the pho seasoning bag.
- get another glass of wine.
- Sit down and finish watching an episode of “The League” .
- forget about soup.
- remember that you are cooking dinner in the other room and run back in there.
- put in ramen noodles, shrimp, hot sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper
- put in a couple big scoops of honey, because you have way too much honey around the house.
- let simmer for 10 minutes.
- realize that all the bowls are dirty and aren’t big enough anyway, so get out a smaller pot and eat out of that.
- burn mouth on lava-hot soup.
3 thoughts on “Schu-Recipe : Everything Left in the Fridge Soup”
Who put this pixels and thoughts thing on my computer? I guess it was you, Mark. I had no idea what it was…just clicked and there was this food picture. Interesting recipe, Mark! Sounds very nutritious. Was it any good? Sounds like a new hot and sour soup recipe.
Hey, it is going to snow. I may not be able to get you your present for Christmas. We’ll see if we get that foot of snow they are predicting.
Who was that crazy old lady that left that long message? I forgot I wasn’t sending an email.